]]>

Sunday, January 27, 2008

What's Next: Floss Daily (Fatgums)














As you all know I opted to try to get rid of 'Juon-kun' from a few posts back, and it's been a minute since I did my last What's Next. But this is more of a What (Would've Been) Next post. There are a handful of people that you meet in life that you know, from the very beginning, just know, that they will make something of themselves. You can just smell it on them: the drive, the guts, the brains, the charm, etc. One of them was former What's Next post, Roscoe Umali, and another is my boy Tad Nakamura, and yet another is Fatgums. All in different realms, 'Gums did it with DJing and beats.

I remember the first time I met 'Gums and he handed me a mixtape to review in the school magazine. I thought it was a solid "Bay area" mix. But it wasn't until I heard his beats/remixes that I knew I smelt it. Boy could have done it up big. Past tense though cause he opted for a more secure route in becoming a doctor (not a bad thing to fall back on, and also proving my point, that he's one of them that can do what he sets his mind to). Enough with the cliches, have a listen for yourself:

[MP3] Nas :: It Ain't Hard To Tell (Fatgums Remix)
[MP3] Pete Rock & CL Smooth :: Take You There (Fatgums Remix)
{This is just ill how he flipped this one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he took Pete on this.}
[MP3] Fatgums :: untitled beat

Make sure you floss everyday.
::MISTA HIPPO::

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props Homie! I just put out a new album with the emcees from Ill Again. Check it out at www.myspace.com/novelistsmusic. It's my production debut. Hope you like it!

- Fatgums

5:42 PM  
Blogger RIP BANNER said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:03 PM  
Blogger RIP BANNER said...

Hook us up & we'll review it on the blog!!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home