]]>

Friday, January 25, 2008

Fresh Out The Boxx













Well another filler post from me. Just cruisin' around town, some of the best of what I found:

1. The picture is the new Air Jordan Countdown Pack that includes limited editions of the AJ 10 & 13. It's hot! This is supposed to hold us over until the highly anticipated AJ 23's come out next month!!!. Put together without any glue, good for the environment, good for you.

2. Gotta love the new Hip-hop baseball cards. I used to collect sports cards big back in the '80s. I still have MJ, Magic/Bird, Gretzky & Montana rookie cards. Even had the Yo! MTV Raps cards. Hope moms didn't throw those out.

3. My favorite song off Madvillain's Madvillainy. But now I know why they didn't originally release the video (& I wonder if that's really him in the video?):


4. The tunes (in no particular order):
[MP3] Electric Light Orchestra :: Twilight
{I've always been down with them since I discovered them in my aunt's record collection. Just recently came across this song in particular though, as it's the theme song for my 'new' favorite Japanese drama
Densha Otoko.}
[MP3] NERD :: Everyone Nose
{Some hotness making me look forward to N3RD.}
[MP3] Usher feat. Ludacris :: Dat Girl Right There
[MP3] Styles P :: Da '80s
{Kid Capri production still hot today.}
[MP3] Pete Rock feat. Vanessa Sanchez :: Heard 'Em Say
{I like how Pete Rock flows over this Kanye classic. Even the beat is flipped a little. This makes me look forward to NY's Finest...more so than that Jim Jones track.}
[MP3] Andrew Bird :: Imitosis (Four Tet Remix)
{The original version is one of my favorite songs for 2007, but this remix with the drums and tweaks makes it even better for me. Those drums sound awfully familiar...Lincoln Mayorga's version of Cat Steven's "Peace Train" possibly? One of the best covers ever, make it funKY.}

Keep 'em laced & clean.
::MISTA HIPPO::

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

キター(>-<)!このブログ最高!電車男いいよね。でも、途中の何箇所か伸ばし過ぎって感じの所があったよね。電車男って事実にそって書いてあるって知ってた?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

Yes, it did get corny at times, but overall I thought it was great. I wasn't really feeling the specials though (especially the 2nd one). I can't believe it's based on a true story...I wonder if Densha ended up with Hermes in real life?
With the writers strike going down, I've been getting more and more into Japanese dramas. Right now, I'm watching 'Gokusen'. Any other ones I should check out?

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home