]]>

Monday, January 21, 2008

Shawn Carter :: VS :: Tony Starks





















A while back, I put up a post on my distaste for mashups - generally, I've found them to be hastily thrown together, and like the name implies, a crude mix. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, and I've found DJ Chong Wizard's (BC Represent!!!) American Ironman to be one of those mashups where the beats and rhymes match so well that you tell yourself that Ghost should've been the one to flow over "Success" in the first place. Admittedly, a few of these tracks fall short - it's tough enough matching up Tony Stark's gargantuan flows over beats meant for Jay's smoother, more sedate rhymes, but overall this is an album that impressed me enough that I wanted to download the whole thing. A couple of my favorite tracks are below, and if you're feelin' em, you can get the rest here.

[MP3] DJ Chong Wizard :: American Ironman (Jay-Z vs. Ghostface)
[MP3] DJ Chong Wizard :: Success @ the Apollo
(Jay-Z vs. Ghostface)

|bruce banner|
word up to oh word for hookin' up the album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home