]]>

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

U Got Me





If there was such thing as hip hop back in the 1930s, I imagine that this is what it might sound like - jazzy, full of brass, and with a touch of swing. P.I.C. is a 7-member band out of New York that kind of reminds me of a jazzier version of Ozomatli. If you like hip hop with live instruments, then no doubt you will be diggin' P.I.C. Surprisingly, they've been around for 10 years, and despite notable success in Canada (represent!!!), it seems like they haven't really been getting the same recognition in the states, which is a shame, because they bring a real fresh sound and energy to hip hop. Unfortunately, at this point I only have the youtube videos to share with you, but be sure to check out their site where you can hear more.

|bruce banner|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home