]]>

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

There are times, in my wannabe-producer mode, when I hear a song that I think should be sampled the hell out of. And when you see that come to fruition, it's like a little bit of confirmation that you aren't completely running on a low tank of gas. Well the first time I heard Shirley Ellis's "Clapping Song", I knew immediately that it was a bad mamma jamma that needed to be looped up. Well sure enough, Timbaland has sampled the goodness in Izza Kizza's "Walk The Dawg". Enjoy.

[MP3] Shirley Ellis :: Rubber Dolly (The Clapping Song)
[MP3] Izza Kizza feat. Missy Elliot :: Walk The Dawg


I heard Afrika Bambaataa used to spin "The Clapping Song" back in his South Bronx party days. Wish I could have seen that.
::MISTA HIPPO::

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! just added the juke box with Afrika Bambaataa videos and more in my
...blog

4:39 AM  
Blogger Bobby Tomio said...

Man, these last few posts have been amazing. Keep up the good work fellers! I've become more and more out of the "hip-hop" loop. It's nice to see you guys holding it down with some nice gems.

BTW, have you heard of Kutiman from Israel? I think there's a post to be found in his stuff...

-MPB

3:39 PM  
Blogger Áron said...

hey!
i really like your blog and all
just wanted to point out that the same sample is in this track:
Cupid ft. B.O.B. - 369 form the Step Up 2 OST.
love
á

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

Thanks for the heads up aron, I'll have to check that for sure...I've been hearing great things about B.O.B. Hope you continue to stop by.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home