]]>

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Weather Is Detoxicating



Well, well...I thought I had something here. I thought this was an early release of Dr. Dre's highly anticipated Detox album, but I think it's more of a mixtape to wet our chops for what's to come. The album was supposed to drop a year ago, but you know how Dre do. So like I said, I don't think this is really real, as there are very few tracks that actually have Dre on it and the beats seem at bit raw (without that THX sound) that Dre likes to bring it with now. However, this does make me curious enough to check out the real deal when it finally drops.

[MP3] Dr. Dre feat. Method Man :: Take The Heat
{Not sure where Dre is in the track, but it's definitely his production}
[MP3] Dr. Dre :: Gorilla Pimpin'
{For all you who liked Dre's early sound, a la
Chronic funk, before the THX fx. And at least he's on the chorus for this one.}
[MP3] Dr. Dre :: Mind Made Up
{This one actually has Dre spittin' on it}
[MP3] Dr. Dre feat. Eminem & 50 Cent :: Numb Encore
{I know this is not Dre's beat, but I'm sure lots of people will love this just cause of the MCs, though not their best efforts. More like a freestyle session.}

Dre's site


Also thought that I might as well include another LA based productor/MC's fresh freshness, Evidence's new album The Weatherman, (3/20). I just wish that these guys (Dilated Peoples) along with Jurassic 5, People Under The Stairs got more play. While this may not be his strongest effort in terms of production, Evidence never strays too far to the point of BEP (that's Black Eyed Peas y'all) mainstream. I'm not expecting a track with Fergie anytime soon...keep your fingers crossed. Here are my favorites:

[MP3] Evidence feat. Defari, Joe Scudda & Big Pooh :: NC To CA
[MP3] Evidence :: I Still Love You
{Word up Ma!}

Evidence's Myspace

The real beatdown.
::MISTA HIPPO::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home