]]>

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bear with me on this one (I'm feelin a lil feisty)





















So, I did something real bad on Sunday. I indulged in the guilty pleasure known as the MTV Video Music Awards. Yup. Roll ya eyes and be over it. Sorry, I have very little willpower when it comes to live music performances, even if it is by a cracked out Britney Spears and a roided-out Timbaland.

But anyhow, I have to admit that my cold black heart was a little sad for the man when Kanye didn't walk away with any trophies. Unfortunate yeah, but it's even more unfortunate that I heard he was bitching about it the next day ("Two years in a row being nominated and no trophies! Boo mothafuckinhoo! Racism!"). Really though, Kanye? Did we expect anything more from MTV?

Hate him or love him, I thought I'd post some songs off the *Official* Kanye West mixtape I copped thanks to my ninja hookup, DJ Denkym, in honor of Ye's album release on Tuesday. The mixtape was mixed by Plain Pat earlier this spring. And goddamn you Muttpop Bob who beat me to the official
"get on Kanye's release date nuts" post!"

[MP3] Kanye West :: Young Folks (remix)

[MP3] Kanye West :: Interviews (interlude)

With a Peter, Bjorn & John sample. Interviews is a 3 minute interlude about how they misquote him in interviews and Rolling Stones and wah wah wah blah blah hooo. At least he admits that he's been trippin off a drug called fame.

[MP3] CRS :: Us Placers
A Pharrell, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye collabo.

[MP3] Big Sean :: Get'cha Some
Apparently BAPE is the newest Asian Persuasion, and not that 2 Live Crew song with the classy hook, "Me so horny".

[MP3] Kanye West :: Throw Some D's (remix)
What the hell are "D's"?? Must be some type of new STD that the government secretly released into the population to kill dumb Hollywood chicks.

||| debstar |
ain't no sunshine in my side of the world these days :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mista Hippo said...

Actually, if we are going to be technical about this...I was the first on this blog to post Kanye's newness, back on 9/2...so na, na, nana, na!

1:22 PM  
Blogger debbie said...

did you really just write "na, na, nana, na"?

yeah i think you did..

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words...I've never seen so many posts in one week.

6:14 PM  
Blogger debbie said...

what can i say... i heart music.

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Britney Spears performence was actually misunderstood. I didn't see it live, but I saw videos.

http://msbands.com/the-truth-behind-britney-at-the-vmas/

THAT is the true story. Jeffree Star is my source, and he is reliable haha.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home