]]>

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Okaeri!


That was a trip for the ages! One of the best times I have ever had. Shout out to the J-crew for making it happen.

I'm gonna keep this real brief, since I'm trying to get over jet-lag and it's time for bed. Everyone knows and loves Samurai Champloo, if you haven't heard, it's a great Japanese anime series from the director of Cowboy Bebop that mixes hip-hop and other modern day themes with the ol' skool tale of the travelling samurai. I'm not really an anime-head, but I could get with this. The music is tight as well.

For those who love the soundtrack as well, the producer behind it all is Nujabes. One of my favorite J-albums of all time is his debut Metaphorical Music. If you like him, be sure to peep ShingO2 work as well...he's got vinyl here in the States available.

[MP3] Nujabes feat. Substantial & Pase Rock from Five Deez :: Blessing It (Remix)
[MP3] Nujabes feat. Cise Starr :: Highs 2 Lows
[MP3] Nujabes :: Summer Gypsy

I wish I had my own beatboxer.
::MISTA HIPPO::

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did you get the album? it's like $40 on amazon...

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

I just got back from a trip to Japan, where I picked it up at a local record shop.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home