]]>

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Wedding DJ

Since I’ve gotten a few emails asking for suggestions for weddings songs ( I think this mass hysteria started back with the “Summer Break 3” post I did in back in August), I decided to do a post on some songs I would like to hear at wedding receptions – THE REMIX VERSION. Since I don’t really know anything about any of you or your relationships (for those of you who requested songs), I tried to keep it as general as possible, to cover the widest range of folks out there. With safe bets by New Edition, Sade, and Roger Troutman you can’t go wrong. One thing’s for sure, all of these songs have the lyrics, the voices, the soul, the production, the heart and of course, the fluffiness to be perfect for a wedding.


[MP3] New Edition :: Can You Stand the Rain (under the Lamppost/Quiet Storm Remix)
{Come on, the original is a must to have played at the reception and the remix with the acoustic guitar is even more ill.}

[MP3] Roger :: I Really Want to be Your Man (Remix)
{Another standard at weddings, but a must to have the remix with the instrumental opening.}

[MP3] Sade :: By Your Side (Neptunes Remix)

{Sade is great. The original version of this song is great. The Neptunes are great and I think their R&B work will stand the test of time better than their other material. And the Neptunes sound makes your wedding a little more current than say…The Whispers. Again, great lyrics for a wedding with a “stand by each other forever and ever”-type theme, which equals = a great love song.}

[MP3] Diamond D :: This One

{If you end up with a Project Chick. I know this is not a remix, but I had to include this one just based on the contrast of a jazzy, soft beat with Busta’s raw realness. Also Diamond D’s lyrics on this just keep it ill. Sort of a revamp of Method Man’s “All I Need”.}


[MP3] D'Angelo :: Brown Sugar (Beatminerz Remix)

{I know that this isn’t really appropriate for a wedding (unless you happen to marry the girl D’Angelo sings about), but this is one bad ass song and the remix by the legendary Beatminerz (check the Black Moon post “Enta Da Stage”, if you haven’t already) is even better.}

Let me know if you need someone to spin on your big day.

:: MISTA HIPPO ::
PS – Does anybody have the Pete Rock & CL Smooth “They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)” REMIX that they can send me???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so smoooth mista hippo.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

I'm not sure what that means...my skin is actually fairly tough and thick.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home