]]>

Saturday, September 23, 2006

How To Draw Beck

[HIPPO's UPDATE: Actually, the DVD that comes with the CD has videos for each of the songs on the album. No Michel Gondry. Sorry, but the videos are still cool.]

Yes it’s true, I’m a big fan of Beck as you can probably tell from past posts by now. Like Banner with Asobi Seksu, I hang my hat on Beck’s musical genius. At the very least, he’s the only Scientologist that I can stand. So to keep it short and sweet, here are a few more tracks that I like from his new album The Information (set to be released 10/3). But make sure you buy it as well cause it’ll include a DVD that shows Beck’s creative process in the studio for each and every song on the album and also a new music video by everyone’s favorite homemade special effects magician, Michel Gondry. Also everyone who buys a copy of the album can create their own cover art, as each copy includes a blank package with one of four collectible sticker sheets specially designed by European and American artists. I heard that originally Beck was going to hold a contest where the winner would get their artwork to be the cover, another cool & creative contest like the one for Stone Throw’s soon to be released Chrome Children album (Another ST & Adult Swim collaboration in which the winner, picked at random, will get to be animated into their new music video). Either way, a creative way to get the fans involved. So whether you pick up The Information for the music, art, or DVD, everyone’s a winner!

[MP3] Beck :: Solider Jane
[MP3] Beck :: New Round
[MP3] Beck :: No Complaints

Beck’s site

I know, I should be working for Beck...I can only dream.
::MISTA HIPPO::

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE TRACKS, I LIKE THEM & OTHERS IVE HEARD FROM INFORMATION, BUT I THINK THAT BECK IS STARTING TO SETTLE INTO A COMFORT ZONE WITH THIS ALBUM AND GUERO. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT HES SORT OF "SETTLING" FOR THAT SOUND HE ESTABLISHED WAY BACK ON ODELAY. ITS SAD TO SAY THAT BECK ISNT PUSHING BOUNDS ANYMORE.

THIS BLOGS ALRIGHT, ILL HAVE TO KEEP CHECKIN' IT.
ROD W.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home