]]>

Monday, October 02, 2006

So Sick (& Bored)

Sittin’ here in my bed with a fever that feels like 220, sh*ts that flow better than an old Freestyle Fellowship album…you get the picture, I’m sick. That’s the last time I try to be healthy and order the chicken sandwich at Johnny’s Pastrami! So what else is there to do, besides throw up all over myself...look up weird stuff on youtube of course. As I was doing this, along with the dizziness and random thoughts, it occurred to me, what ever happened to poppin’? You know pop lockin’. When I was a kid, I used to love to see the show What’s Happening just to see Fred Berry (aka Rerun) movin’ and a groovin’ – RIP to one of the baddest members of the innovative L.A. Lockers. I haven’t seen any dope poppin’ (if you consider what Usher does the real deal, then please stop reading this) in a minute. So here’s some of the best that I found on youtube:

{One of the most innovative and creative pop lockers of his day, struttin’ his stuff on Sesame St.}



{I sure many of you have seen this, but Dave from Santa Ana is one bad ass mofo. Checkout Kollaboration every year in LA’s Koreatown.}




{Again, I’m sure many of you have seen this, but this ish still makes me laugh like 4 months since I first saw it. Now if I could only get my hands on a full version of Maarveran – like I said, I’m sick, so I got a lot of time on my hands.}


{Watching old Simpsons episodes when I’m sick is like drinking chicken noodle soup to me.}

Somebody put me out of my misery already, before I start posting Ne-Yo videos!
::MISTA HIPPO::

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better homeboy! that's why you go to johnny's for the pastrami, hence "johnny's pastrami" and not "johnny's chicken sandwiches".

11:44 AM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

Thanks for the love! Much better now. Yo Banner, this post is dedicated to you! GOTTA LOVE YOUTUBE BABY!!!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home