]]>

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week Old News: The Pharcyde Reunion


















If you like your hip hop news a week old, then you know that Get Down is the place to be. I came across some interesting news about one of my all-time favorites, Pharcyde on Metal Lungies the other day, and wanted to share the news: the Pharcyde (yes, ALL of imanibootybrownfatliptheslimkid3) just might be getting back together. While I'm a bit skeptical of reunions (remember how well it went for the Fugees?), I'm a little more optimistic of this one because the Pharcyde crew just doesn't seem filled with the oversized egos that always tends to get in the way of these attempts. When Fatlip and Slimkid3 did their solo albums, neither blew up, and maybe that's a good thing because it only takes one crazy diva to break up a group and any further prospects of a reunion.

What's most convincing is that they agree that the air's been cleared and the time is right - I don't get the sense they're just desperate and trying to cash in on the name recognition they have left. As most of you have heard, they're also headlining Rock the Bells in one of the most insane hip hop lineups I've ever seen. But most of all, I want to believe they can make it happen, because to me they're hip hop at it's best and I never caught their act live before they broke up back when. So here's to hoping that the cyde can make this happen and to more stories about gettin' with transvestites and falling in love with your teacher.

[Article] The Fader :: Exclusive Q + A: The Pharcyde, All Four of Them Together!
[Video] Hardknock :: The Pharcyde Exclusive Interview Pt. 1
[Video] Hardknock :: The Pharcyde Exclusive Interview Pt. 2

|bruce banner|

2 Comments:

Blogger Mista Hippo said...

N-Oh Shit! I gotta see them!

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pharcyde's got company...

New music makes me feel inspired. ReverbNation has chalked up a winner with the shout out to Planet Asia (AKA Gold Medallions). He trades lines with newcomer F.L.O. over Westcoast beats. "Take Money". You decide.

www.reverbnation.com/planetflo

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home