]]>

Friday, May 02, 2008

Rule #4080: Who's Killin' Hip-Hop Now

We here at Getdownnn pride ourselves on bringing you the dopeness in music in general, but with our main focus being on our first love: Hip-Hop. Like Deion Sanders once said describing the difference between playing football and baseball was for him, "Football is my wife and baseball is my mistress. I will always love football to the nth degree with my soul. It's my base, my core, my everything...but every once and a while I like to mess around with baseball." For us it could be said that Hip-Hop just hits our soul here at Getdownnn, especially growing up on it, it's just the root of us, the core...but every once and a while we like to mess around with other "genres" of music. With all this being said, sometimes even your wife cheats on you and it seems like more and more Hip-Hop is just giving it up too damn easily. There are still great moments in the relationship, so I won't go as far as Nas and say Hip-Hop Is Dead, but these moments are far and few between. These Rule #4080 posts will be dedicated to a love loss. The watch dog is watching you in pain.


{Hip-Hop Murderer #001: Wiz Khalifa "Say Yeah".}

I met this girl when I was 10 years old...
::MISTA HIPPO::

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrible!

11:45 AM  
Blogger RIP BANNER said...

pwahhhhhh!!! wow. no comment. add to the list this mutha who somehow is one of the hottest acts in "hip hop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07EQKGiklI

|bb|

1:43 PM  
Blogger craig said...

People listen to that crap yet, people won't get inspired by groups like the Blue Scholars.

9:07 PM  
Blogger grant said...

damn. they sampled ATB.
speaking of wives and mistresses, i think trance is the equivalent of that girl who you got with but you cringe every damn time you think about her.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

banner - I like that "Superman" beat though!
Craig - I agree, did you know that URB Magazine features Wiz in their latest "Next" issue? I always thought URB was on point, but I don't know now.
Grant - banner can speak more on trance/raver/stalker girls more than anyone I know.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made me feel gross and dirty watching this...yet I had to watch it twice.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home