]]>

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Commercial Music

As much as I hate to admit it, I sometimes find out about music from TV commercials. Not too long ago, commercials featured nothing but bland, annoying music that you wouldn't even remember by the end of the spot. But with the (literal) commercialization of music, things have taken a significant turn. I'm not sure if it's for better or worse, but today's commercials can sometimes make or break an artist and give lesser-known groups unprecedented exposure. Just think of those iPod or Gap commercials that are centered more on the music than the product.

I have no idea how big or small the Teddybears were before, (I'm now realizing quite big) but I'd never heard of them until I saw a Cadillac commercial in which one car morphed into another as it cruised down the highway to the propulsive beat of "Punkrocker." With fun, catchy melodies, 80s-ish synthesizers and poppy (that's probably not a word) guitar riffs, it's hard to stay away from the Teddybears.

[MP3] Teddybears STHLM:: Punkrocker (feat. Iggy Pop)
[MP3] Teddybears STHLM:: Yours to Keep

The Teddybears STHLM Website

|bruce banner|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing. I could prob make a great mixtape / Imix of commercial songs ... I think I will go and make one now : -)

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your posts.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, I also heard the commercial rift in an older alternative rock song, I just can't remember the name of the group. I know parts of the song....I think it was silverchair. Train to Mars????

I know its an older song. ITs killing me!!!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home