]]>

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Soulful Sounds of Lauren Santiago











I love when you listen to a song, and you reach the end of the song and realize that it's a beautifully composed holistic unit. As in - the beats, to the lyrics, to the vocals - just fuse together seamlessly. Lauren Santiago's songs, produced by LA producers Freddie Joachim and Choice37, blend all the elements of good soulful music and make you just want to float along real peacefullike. Ever since interrupted soul dug up these tracks for me and banner, it's been on heavy rotation (thank you!!!). And props to DJ Yusai for tipping me off to her sounds.

If you're in LA this weekend, check out her performance at Boombox @ Grand Starr with Choice37. And Diamond D and J. Rawls on the decks?!? Need I say more? You know it's gonna be some jazzyfunknasty shiet. I might have to hitchhike my way down to LA for this one.

[MP3] Lauren Santiago :: It's So Easy

[MP3] Lauren Santiago :: Autumn Breeze

[MP3] Choice 37 ft. Lauren Santiago :: Hope

.:debstar:.
its 56 degrees in frisco right now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pepe said...

I'm listening to Lauren right now... MANNNN SOOOO GOOOOD. Love the tracks. love'em.

1:28 PM  
Blogger debbie said...

riiight?! it's some smoothed out melodic shieeet. could listen to it for days and it never gets old.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings from NY...a friend of mine put me on to this. you guys rock. thanks for the love :). deb, hit me w/ your e-mail and i can float u some stuff if you don't have it already.

new sounds coming soon!

peace,
L

7:04 AM  
Blogger debbie said...

thanks for hitting up our page girl! my email address is debstar@gmail.com. would love to peep some more tracks.

hope you make your way to the bay soon to bless the mic!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mista Hippo said...

Debstar, don't be selfish, pass those track along!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home