]]>

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Over The Moon

kid-<span class=
{You know you're doing something right when you go from working @ Bape to having your own Bape T}



{Just click on the pic for 1 of the best mixtapes of the year}

{Breaks it down}



I know it's only been a week, but I haven't felt this way about an album in a long time, especially a hip-hop album. I also know that it is just his debut album and I'm looking forward to seeing how he is going to flip it on the next ones, but I think Kid Cudi is taking music to another plane. In the tradition set by favorites like De La Soul, Beastie Boys, Outkast, Mos Def, Kanye I think Cudi is taking risks and flipping music on it's head. With Man On The Moon, not only do I love the production, but I'm actually getting into the lyrics (which is a rarity for me, ask MPB). Definitely one of the best albums of 2009. I'm looking forward to his HBO series, but also keeping my fingers crossed that he won't be overexposed (a la Kanye). I actually bought the CD...enough said!

::MH::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home