]]>

Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's Next: Graceland (Esau Mwamwaya)

We are keeping the mixtapes coming here. I don't know how I slept on this until now, especially since I loved his earlier singles, especially "Chalo". The Very Best is on some positive, inspirational, spiritual, Ladysmith Black Mambazo meets Kraftwerk, reggaton, world music (I hate that term) type ish. To me, he is the Jay Electronica of "world music". Even though he uses a lot of other people's beats on this mixtape, he chooses wisely and crafts them into his own. Click on picture for the whole thing.

[MP3] Esau Mwamwaya :: Chalo
{Not on the mixtape}
[MP3] Esau Mwamwaya feat. Michael Jackson :: Will You Be There

{Yes, that's right. Michael Jackson's "Will You Be There" off the Dangerous album. And Esau does more than justice to it. It's a tribute. If this doesn't convince you to check out the whole mixtape, nothing will.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home