]]>

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hip-Hop Honors Class of 2008

I haven't really dug VH1's Hip-Hop Honors, but last night's show rocked. With a class like Too Short, Slick Rick, Cypress Hill, De La Soul and Naughty By Nature, you better believe it rocked. Here are some of my favorite moments:

{De La Soul's performance. Is it just me or did De La Soul say "Or is it cause we hate this song", instead of "Or is it just my De La Soul"? If so, that's classic De La.}

{De La Soul Tribute: Mos Def, Cee-lo, Estelle, Q-tip, EPMD, Prince Paul & Public Enemy. I also sh*t myself when I heard Chuck D's voice over "Stakes Is High". Just wish he would have had his own verse to kill.}

{Slick Rick Tribute: MC Lyte, Busta Rhymes...and the highlight was Biz Markie and Ghostface doing "La Di Da Di" with the whole crowd singing along."}

{Issac Hayes Tribute: The Roots Band with Mos Def, Estelle, Cee-lo, Scarface & Public Enemy!!!}

Is this a video blog now?
::MH::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home